During the covid pandemic, the Wudhu area has remained closed in the Masjid and the local community have developed the habit of making Wudhu at home as was the Sunnah of our Prophet (SAW).
Abu Hurayrah (رضي الله عنه) reports that Rasulullah (ﷺ) said:
"When one performs wudhu at home and leaves for the masjid solely to offer salah [in congregation], for every step taken towards the masjid [in this state of wudhu] one sin is forgiven, one reward accrued, and one stage is elevated in the Hereafter." (Bukhari and Muslim)
However, during the holy month of Ramadan, as many worshippers will be visiting the Masjid directly from work and many others will stay longer in the Masjid, the Wudhu area will remain open. We urge all visitors, to continue performing wudhu at home and only use the Masjid facilities where necessary.
May Allah reward you for your cooperation and assistance.
Please note this is the guidance for people attending the Masjid for the 5 daily salah,
ALL PERSONS ATTENDING THE MASJID ARE REQUESTED TO OBSERVE THE FOLLOWING:
1. BRING YOUR OWN PRAYER MAT
2. WEAR A FACE COVERING. FACE COVERINGS ARE MANDATORY IN ALL INDOOR SPACES
3. OBSERVE SOCIAL DISTANCING AT ALL TIMES.
4. AVOID GATHERINGS INSIDE AND OUTSIDE THE MASJID
5. TRY TO COME ON FOOT OR BIKE
6. FOLLOW GUIDANCE FROM VOLUNTEERS AND STAFF
7. AVOID PHYSICAL CONTACT WHEN GREETING
8. USE HAND SANITISER UPON ENTRY
9. THE MASJID WILL OPEN FOR A LIMITED TIME BEFORE AND AFTER EACH SALAH, THEREFORE TRY AND PRAY SUNNAH AND NAFIL SALAH AT HOME
10. THOSE WHO HAVE COVID-19 SYMPTOMS, THOSE WHO ARE ELDERLY, VULNERABLE, AND SMALL CHILDREN MUST AVOID COMING TO THE MASJID.
Kings Heath Masjid Committee